Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Insulin Pump for the boy!

  Great news! Elliot has his pump saline start today! We got his insulin pump in the other day. We are so excited to finally get his pump in. He starts the insulin start on the 15th so we are so much closer to having two pump users in our household. It will be so much easier to take care of his diabetes now. The pump has done so much for me, now it's Elliot's turn.
  His diabetes has gotten better. He isn't going as high as he used to. We think he was going through a major growth spurt and that's why he was doing so poorly. I've been doing a lot better myself. Although, today my stomach is bothering me. I'm not feeling so great.
  Yesterday was my birthday. My mother bought a small cake to sing happy birthday with. Elliot wanted a piece so bad. But we kept saying no. It hurts to have to do that. He got a teeny tiny piece and his shot afterwards, just so he wouldn't feel left out. I feel so bad having to do that, specifically because I know how it feels. You want something so bad, but you know you can't have it, and if you do, you have to inject yourself with insulin. That isn't what I wanted for my son. I wanted him to be healthy. But, it happened. So we have to move on and take care of him to the best of our ability as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment