Monday, July 29, 2013

When will he get used to it?

Elliot has had the pump on now for a couple of weeks, and he still hates it. It makes me so sad to have to change his site. It hurts him so much. The other day, I was changing his site and decided to put the old site on his Lenny the Lion (a special stuffed animal that Medtronic sends to children. It shows the different places that you can put the pump sites on. I tell Elliot that Lenny has diabetes too.) and he started to rub Lenny's  bum and said "Ouch mommy". I started to cry. I just kept apologizing to him that I gave him the disease. It breaks my heart that my baby has to go through this.
                                                     This is Lenny the Lion.

                                                   Elliot's new pump.

                                                 Elliot and Lenny the Lion.


  Just a few minutes ago, I saw a link that my friend Sarah tagged me in. It was a trailer for a documentary on 3 research teams trying to find a cure for diabetes. I cried during the trailer. What they said was so true. And the thing was, they are diabetics as well. I want to find more people like me. I need to find more people like me. People who have diabetes and are raising a diabetic child as well. I have my mother, and she is amazing, but I need a bigger support group. I need people who were diagnosed at a really young age like I was. Someone who went all through out school with it. Preschool, kindergarten, elementary, jr high and high school. Here is the trailer if you are interested in checking it out:
http://www.upworthy.com/meet-a-girl-whos-too-young-to-have-a-type-especially-this-kind?g=2&c=ufb1


No comments:

Post a Comment